Thursday, July 2, 2009

Japan!

We are here in Japan!!! The flight was long, but not as bad as I anticipated. It was hard to sleep. I thought that I got my Dad's ticket b/c we had kids in front of us and in back of us. They were good for such a long flight, but I did get my seat kicked a lot. I felt right at home. Ric is wearing a "fanny pack" that is holding our tickets and money. I call it his "MURSE" and Steven Futch would be proud! I have a photo I will post later. We have a short layover here in Japan an are enjoying Ric's privilege of the Delta Sky Club lounge. It has really nice "potties" and sushi.
Well, I already miss you Hannah, Sarah and Luke. We carry you in our hearts!!!!

4 comments:

Michele and Dan said...

Yay! We've been trying to plot your journey to China. At dinner, "Hmm, I wonder where the Thompson's are now?" What hotel will you be staying at in Beijing? Looking forward to the pictures!!!

From Lane: Rachel, I miss you already!! You can contact me through my mom's e-mail or leave me a message on this blog!

Have fun Thompsons!! Just a few more days until you meet your son!!!
Michele and family

Tiffany said...

So glad to hear that your flight went well. When we went to bed last night we thought about how many more hours you had left on your flight:-) Guess the Ambien didn't work? We are all so excited for you. Lauren said I missed a Skype call while I was out. Sorry. Try us again another time.
Love you all,
The McBrydes

alindbergh said...

We love reading about what's going on and look forward to more! We'll miss you at the parade on Saturday, but look forward to next year's when Jacob will be able to celebrate being an American :)
Love, Carrie

Steve F. said...

Ric, its ok, really. you don't have to call it a 'murse', you can call it a purse. I knew you would come around eventually!

sf